Monday, October 1, 2007

Day 2

Day 2

Well its going to be a short post today im so tired i could drop right here. Got my first taste of culture shock today and it was a double too. First after I got home from spanish school for lunch(yep it already feels like my new home) my room had been cleaned my books aranged properly on the shelves and my bed made and a man i hadnt seen was changing all the lightbulbs and fixing my shower , turns out my host family has a maid and a handyman that pretty much spend all day at the house axcept on weekends. Im not totally comfortable with that exspecialy since my host family is ladino and the maid and handyman are Maya´s. But more on the whole race issue her in Guatemala later. Part too was when i noticed just how heavy the police presence is here i will try to get some pictures but i dont want to piss anyone with an m-16 or a double barelled 12 guage off.

More tommorow and there is a lot to say about today i just need to sleep.

No comments: